I didn't invent this list, and I can't find the source, but I share it here because I always find it incredibly helpful for reminding me what matters each day. May it be of use to you too:
1. Wake up early. Enjoy the sunrise. Enjoy the quiet, slow pace of the early morning. Use this time to meditate, pray, reflect, write.
2. Prioritise. Do the things most important to you and your family. Try to not get bogged down in all the things that call for your attention.
3. Read books that answer your deepest questions.
4. Go for a walk and enjoy nature. Sit in a park and listen to birds. Go to the beach and hear the waves.
5. Watch something funny. Not just mildly funny but something that will make you laugh until your eyes water.
6. Begin a project or a hobby you've been wanting to start but have been putting off. Take the first step.
7. Spend time with the people most important to you.
8. Do one thing at a time, and just think about that task alone. Multitasking gets things done but not as well and not as meaningfully.
9. Help others
10. Eat your food slowly and savour it. Put aside all devices: your phone, the news.... Just eat.
Here you'll find essays and musings on applied mindfulness. What does this look like on a daily basis? How can you infuse it in your day to enjoy yourself more? Join hundreds of others on the the mailing list (link in footer) to get these straight to your inbox.